Chicago Family Health Center (CFHC) is hosting three back-to-school health fairs in August offering school physicals and dental screenings before the start of school this fall. The health fairs will also feature fun activities for kids and families, lunch for students, school supplies and other give-aways. The fairs take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on:
- Saturday, August 6 at CFHC South Chicago, 9119 S. Exchange
- Saturday, August 20 at CFHC Pullman, 556 E. 115th St.
- Saturday, August 27 at CFHC Chicago Lawn, 3223 W. 63rd St.
Physicals are limited to the first 200 patients at South Chicago and Pullman, and the first 100 patients at Chicago Lawn. Only Illinois residents qualify for this service and children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the time of their visit. Parents should bring their child’s immunization record and their insurance or Medicaid card if they have one. Chicago Public Schools and private and parochial schools require students to receive physicals, immunizations and dental exams before entering school. Students who are beginning or returning to school must receive medical exams if they are:
- Entering preschool and kindergarten, up to age 6. Each student will receive a physical exam as well as a lead and anemia screening.
- Entering school in the state of Illinois for the first time at any grade level.
- Entering kindergarten; sixth or ninth grades; or ages 5, 11 and 15 if they are not in a specific grade.
This year CFHC will not host health fairs at its Roseland or East Side sites, but patients and residents from those areas can attend any of the other scheduled health fairs. For more information about the health fairs please call 773-768-5000.